When we step outside our addictions to our life scripts
and observe our actions, thoughts and feelings
without judgement or attachment
and make choices from this place
that fully support our health and wellbeing
then we are truly 'eating consciously'.


- Jacqui Brooks

Monday 13 April 2009

Even the Kids will love eating these!

Even though I generally eat healthy, these days I am always looking for new ways to get fresh organic produce packed with vitamins into my body. So this weekend, instead of a chocolate egg, I treated myself to a seed sprouter, much healthier than a chocolate egg and will definately last longer!

Like this one in the picture it has three compartments and I have alfalfa, mung and lentils growing. Within 2 days they are already sprouting and in a day or two more will be ready to eat. As I started this it reminded me of my first ever attempt at seed growing, way back in junior school when we grew mustard and cress - the emphasis then was in the biology of growing rather than the nutritional value of eating, nevertheless I remember feeling quite proud of my 'crop' and happily ate them all.

Do you know that sprouted beans are just packed with vitamins and minerals?


And what a fun way to get the kids on board in growing and eating their own - you don't need some fancy gadget like this, a simple jam jar will do. All you have to do is make sure you rinse and drain them every day and store them in a light warm place. It's as easy as that.

Why not get your kids on board sprouting and eating today!

1 comment:

Retreat Coach Network said...

my kids grew up on sprouts i would make in the kitchen sink..and they would love them sometimes and hate them other times. Now they are both grown up and love to eat them and i have to beleive it is because we just served them and had them at our table.

often times i remember saying: just eat 7 sprouts..that would make them laugh