When we step outside our addictions to our life scripts
and observe our actions, thoughts and feelings
without judgement or attachment
and make choices from this place
that fully support our health and wellbeing
then we are truly 'eating consciously'.


- Jacqui Brooks

Wednesday 15 April 2009

Tasting the goodness in the food you eat!

So I have now started 'harvesting' my sprouted beans and oh what flavour! Whilst munching away on the sprouted alfalfa, besides the nutty flavour, I could 'taste' the spring water that I had been using for their daily rinses. I could taste the freshness, it was as if I could taste how healthy and good they were for my body.

So it got me thinking about other things, like the occasional croissant that I also enjoy eating and how does that 'taste' to me and you know, I can 'taste' how that is not so healthy! It's not going to stop me from enjoying the occasional treat but it is another affirmation that when I listen to my body, it will tell me all I need to know about staying healthy.

So why don't you try this, next time you're eating, focus your mind, become 'conscious' of what you're eating and besides the texture and flavour, what else can you notice? what else is your body telling you about it?

No comments: